Follow these simple steps to keep the software up-to-date.
We always recommend to create a database backup before an application update. Updates can include database migrations. Although migrations are tested to the best of our knowledge, they always include the risk of a failing migration that results in an inconsistent database state.
- Download the installation zip file from the link provided by your Valsight support representative
- Stop the service
- Create a backup of the database and the application directory (See Backup & Recovery)
- Unzip the installation file of the new version in the same directory, overwriting existing files, except for the configuration (/conf) directory.
- Windows Servers : adapt the version number in <your install dir>/windowsservice/windowsservice.xml.
- Start the application.
- On the first start of a new version, the database is upgraded & migrated automatically - it may take a little longer than a regular start.
- Optional: Remove old rest-service-(old-version).war files from the <your install dir>/lib/ directory.
In case the application does not start after the upgrade double check the following:
- Windows only: Have you updated the version number in the XML File
- Does the log contain a message like:
ERROR o.s.boot.SpringApplication - Application startup failed
liquibase.exception.LockException: Could not acquire change log lock. Currently locked by ...
In this case, a failed startup has locked the database. Double check that no application (java) process is running anymore and then run the SQL command from Resetting the Database CHANGELOGLOCK.